Friday, January 3, 2014

Shoo. Be Happy. Bah.

Happier by A Fine Frenzy

Okay, before I start this post off officially, let me just say that this will be a sort of rant post. It's not a full-fledged rant because I've put it under the cotton-candy colored light of a weird sort of perspective that takes the shape of those lamps with spinning horses that project carousels on your walls. (Never had one of those? Well, damn, I lived with one of those until a light bulb exploded when I was 7. It was uh, fish, though, not horses... Damn)

NOW! To actually start the post. I hope you're actually listening to the song I gave you just now. It's a nice song. And if you're not, I'd assume you know that song by heart like a proud weird person with unknown music tastes *hides in the corner and cowers with Allison Sudol* or you'd be completely lost in this rainbow colored rant of mine. 

There's always that one person you'd love to sing this song with. A crappy old Tumblr post which I once saw and deemed to cheesy for me read, "Falling in love is like handing someone a loaded, working, badass, real-life, cold metal gun, letting them point it at your chest and trusting them idiotically that they wouldn't shoot." (I may have tweaked that to make it sound less cheesy.) Well, to the angsty teenage girl who came up with that, I say, genius. 

It's been a helluva ride. Really, since my last few rant posts and gah, sometimes, after one rant post and the other, you seem to see that there's finally a light at the end of this stinky old rabbit hole. You run for it, faster and faster thinking it'd be the end of all your misery and once you get to it, poof! You realize it was just light from the Upper World that is the to laugh at your misery the way that bully kid in the Simpsons would go Ha-Ha. 

Damn. 

Well, fear no more. This song tells you that you can actually climb the walls to that little prick of a needle-point hole that lets the light in and smash it to bits so you can finally escape the smelly little rabbit hole. 

You go on and I'll be happier. 

Oh, yes. Hell, yes. That right there, is your way out, my friend. 

Let go, YOLO, and let the good times roll. (That was supposed to be clever because it rhymed)

But honestly, when holding on seems more like strangling someone to death rather than trying to grab someone's hand to save them from a deathly ravine of rogue direwolves, let go. 

Have them kill you instead of you killing them. (Again, if you don't get this, you obviously didn't listen to the song close enough/at all.)

They've got rubber bullets so run, duck and cover! But they're finger's on the trigger so, damn, just pull it already. Both of us want this suffering to end. Let them go, shoot you with the rubber bullet, let the bullet bounce off your belly and walk the other way. 

That way, agony's over, everyone's happy. 




(not sure if this post is to be read with a heavy, heavy, heavy tone of sarcasm)


No comments:

Post a Comment